Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Blog Is Born

Hello, and welcome to The Queen City Chronicles.

This will not be your average "weirdo" blog. I am not a right winger nor a left winger, and I think Creative Loafing's columnists and WBT's talk show hosts are equally full of crap. I'm not a native Charlottean, but after 12 years of living here I feel I've earned the right to speak my mind about local goings on. I am not a member of the Chamber of Commerce, nor part of any Uptown 'cabal' conspiracy. But, I'm also not a habitual civic whiner, either. I like this town. In fact, I love this town, and I plan to stay here awhile and I want to see it get even better.

Local politics will play a significant part in this blog, but will not become its be all and end all. We'll talk about our city's weather, sports, arts, traffic, lifestyle, and media... and whatever else strikes my fancy. You will have the right to comment at will, but I will adhere to the strictest standards of civility, and reserve the right to delete any comments I find offensive. If I find any other well-spoken, thoughtful types who want to contribute, I will add them to the author list.

So, here we go. Hopefully, you'll enjoy this enough to keep coming back to it, even if you don't agree with me all the time. That's all I'm looking for here.

No comments: